Friday, March 6, 2009

Waiting Room Aesthetics


I am now sitting in the waiting room at my Dr.'s office. At first I was happy to see the switch from Fox News to generic, bland, nature scenes accompanied by non-descript Muzak. The C.A.R.E. Network, it's called. For Continuous Ambient Relaxation Environment. They've even added a couple water features to the waiting area in the form of "trickling water over zen rocks" fountains. But, after waiting here for 30 minutes, I'm not so sure these things are improvements. I feel like they're more designed to keep me from getting irate about the fact that I have been sitting here for 30 minutes. I'm surprised that the office staff aren't all comatose listening to this stuff day in, day out. Perhaps this explains the extreme friendliness of everyone here. Maybe there are subliminal happy messages embedded in the C.A.R.E. Network programming. I'm pretty sure Fox New's embedded messages lean more toward the cranky and domineering. Probably the reason for the switch. I'm still mad about waiting though.

No comments:

Post a Comment